Antivirus program (antivirus) is a specialized program for detecting computer viruses, as well as unwanted (considered malicious) programs in general and recovering files infected (modified) by such programs, as well as for prevention – preventing infection (modification) of files or the operating system with malicious code.
Free Antivirus Programs For Your PC:
Continuing the previous article “ How to ensure online security? 7 Tips for Using the Web ”, consider free antivirus programs for your PC:
- avast! Free antivirus
- 360 Total Security
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- Avira Free Antivirus
- AVG AntiVirus Free
- Kaspersky Free Anti-Virus
- Panda free antivirus
Protecting Your PC and Cleaning of Your PC:
These technologies are designed to protect and clean your PC from various malicious programs and viruses, as well as to protect against infection. Please note that using several antiviruses at once leads to a software conflict. Therefore, to protect your computer, select only one most suitable antivirus.
- Avast! Free Antivirus:
One of the modern and fairly popular free antivirus programs. Those who installed avast! Free Antivirus on your PC, gain full protection against viruses and spyware in real time.
Monitors Various File Systems:
Avast! Free Antivirus constantly monitors file system changes, traffic, email, network, P2P, Internet chats, etc. The program has a convenient interface for work and many useful features, including:
- A high level of detection of viruses, trojans, worms, web rootkits and spyware.
- Avast! Engine Free Antivirus can successfully detect malware based on an analysis of their behavior.
- Resident, boot and regular scanners are provided. There is also an archive scan and a scan scheduler.
- Checks input and output e-mail, peer-to-peer (P2P) connections, messages of Internet messengers.
- Deep integration into the system allows you to scan the necessary documents and programs.
- Quarantine mode isolated from the OS. Not a single file that is quarantined will be launched.
- Features of the game mode. Automatic detection of programs running in full screen mode, and disabling pop-up messages.
- There is a function of “manual” update.
- Software update tool. Monitoring the relevance of programs installed on the user’s computer.
- There is a special tool for cleaning browsers from plugins with a bad reputation and a plugin for reporting the reputation of visited sites.
- 360 Total Security:
This antivirus not only a serious anti-virus program, but also has many additional functions for optimizing and cleaning your PC. 360 Total Security has a fairly intuitive and convenient interface with which it will be easy to work for any user, regardless of level of knowledge.
The main functionality of the 360 Total Security antivirus program:
1) Protection against malware.
2) Several types of scanning.
3) The ability to work offline.
4) The ability to configure autorun applications.
5) The function of cleaning from unnecessary work tools.
6) The ability to correct defects in the system.
7) System recovery after failures.
8) Analysis of updates for programs that are already installed.
9) Sandbox for launching suspicious files.
10) Protection of removable media.
11) Analysis of the behavior of suspicious files.
12) Protecting your webcam.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
It is an antivirus program from Microsoft. Designed to protect your PC from malicious software.
No Restricted Time Period:
In order to start using the antivirus program, there is no need for registration, there is no stage of the test period, but there are no restrictions on the timing of use. You only need to install the package and start using it. But note that to install the program, your OS must be authenticated.
Security Essentials Features:
- Simple and easy to use.
- Ample opportunities to detect viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, etc.
- Low consumption of system resources.
- Automatic updates using Windows Update.
- Avira Free Antivirus
This is another effective antivirus program for protecting personal computers of users. Avira Free Antivirus detects and destroys viruses and trojans, including unknown macro viruses. It is possible to continuously monitor the system.
Features of the Avira Free Antivirus system:
- The antivirus database has 150 thousand viruses.
- Virus Guard service automatically monitors the work with files.
- The system finds macro viruses and can disinfect files that they infected.
- Easy and simple operation.
- Avira Free Antivirus Update Assistant.
- AVG AntiVirus Free:
It is a widely used anti-virus program designed for home PCs. Its main advantages are low system requirements and a simple interface.
What does AVG AntiVirus Free include?
These are, first of all, computer scanning tools, a real-time monitor, an email scanner, an automatic anti-virus database update system, etc.
Features AVG AntiVirus Free:
- Automatic system updates.
- Scanner files and programs, links and search results on the Internet.
- Separate email scanning.
- The function of “treatment” of infected files.
- Accessible and intuitive interface.
- Kaspersky Free software
The well-known Kaspersky Free antivirus provides basic protection for the PC, important information on it and the user’s online activity from the most common threats.
Kaspersky Free software features:
1) Anti-Virus starts when the OS starts.
2) Files that open or save on a PC are scanned.
3) File system infection prevention system.
4) Email is scanned for suspicious emails.
5) Access to the letter opens after verification.
6) Closed access to malicious resources.
7) The presence of protection against fraudulent activities on the Internet.